The Regency Inn on the Huntsville Highway in Fayetteville sustained somewhat minor damage Friday morning as the result of a fire there.
Fayetteville Fire Department responded to the call at the hotel at 1653 Huntsville Highway just before 7 a.m. Friday to find one of the rooms on fire.
The fire was apparently electrical in nature. Fire Chief Coby Moon said the fire appeared to have been caused by exposed or frayed wiring on one of the devices in the room. Damage extended into a portion of the roof, he said.
Police officers blocked one lane of traffic along the Huntsville as firefighters responded to the blaze. The firemen remained on the scene until almost 9 a.m.