A Fayetteville man was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center following an explosion in a rental home and subsequent fire erupting early Thursday morning in northeastern Lincoln County.
Doug Campbell, Lincoln County EMA director, said that eyewitnesses said something exploded at the Parks Spur home. The single resident crawled out of the house, but suffered several burns, Campbell said. The victim’s name is not being released at this time. Sadly, the man’s dog did not make it out of the house.
Campbell was on the scene Friday morning with the Tennessee State Fire Marshal investigating the scene. Campbell said the cause of the explosion is inconclusive at this point, but he noted that there was the smell of propane near the ruins.
Fire/rescue units from Belleville, Flintville, Molino and Central Stations arrived on the scene.
“Once we got there, nothing was salvageable,” said Campbell.
The property is owned by Jeff Scott.