The Fayetteville Fire Department’s roadblock on Saturday saw approximately $10,765 being given at intersections across the city to the 53rd Annual Lincoln County Toy Drive, bringing total giving thus far this year to $15,299.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributed at our roadblocks Saturday,” said Fire Chief Jim Baldwin, a drive co-chair. “One hundred percent of the money given will go toward the purchase of toys for the kids, and we appreciate every dollar given.”
In addition to the Fayetteville Fire Department, the drive’s co-sponsors are the Fayetteville Rotary Club and The Elk Valley Times. Crucial help also comes from other partners across the community, including Fayetteville Public Utilities, Big G Express, and Triad Packaging, as well as local banks, businesses and organizations that serve as toy donation sites across the county.
The campaign provides toys for Christmas for Lincoln County children up to the age of 12 – this year, the effort anticipates providing toys for more than 500 children.
The deadline for monetary contributions to the 2019 campaign is Friday, Dec. 13. Checks should be made payable to the Lincoln County Toy Drive and mailed to The Times at P.O. Box 9, Fayetteville, 37334, or given to any Fayetteville firefighter or any Rotarian. If you wish to contribute but would like to remain anonymous, simply note that on your check.
Firefighters’ Roadblock, approximately $10,765, including the following checks, Stovall’s Body Shop and Wrecker Service, $500; David and Lenace Vaughn, $50; Richard and Sandra Brosemer, $10; David and Andrea Bergman, $100; Tim and Susanna Gattis, $100; Phillip and Paula Bradford, $500; Terry Clevenger, $150; Brenda and Ernie Roles, $100; and Blake and Rhonda Copple, $25.
Other donations thus far: Anonymous, $300; Honey’s Restaurant, $200; Anonymous, $50; Fayetteville Firefighters, $94; Ruth Ann Maddox, $100; Anonymous, $30; Patsy Wilkes Moore, $20; Anonymous, $50; Just Shoot Photography, $20; Al Horsman, $200; www.blueandgraybrotherhood.com, $120; Anonymous, $125; Fred and Shirley Soetekouw, $100; Anonymous, $150; Anonymous, $30; and Tom and Peggy Bagley, $100;
Judy Strope, $100 in memory of Robert Strope, a former fire chief with the Fayetteville Fire Department; Elk Valley Crafters Association, $1,000; Mary Hergert, $100; Lincoln County SkillsUSA Alumni and Advisory Board, $250; Debbie Ragsdale, $250; 10-8 Video, LLC, $250; Brooke and Amy Grubb, $250; Anonymous, $50; Don Wyatt, Attorney at Law, $100; Anonymous, $20; Patricia Hopper, $100; James and Shirley Steelman, $50; Howell Cumberland Presbyterian Church, $250; and Ricky and Lucy Williams, $75.
Final buy night
Each year drive organizers invite citizens to come out and help shop for the children on three buy nights at local businesses that carry a good inventory of toys, enough so as to meet the drive’s needs. Already, two buy nights have been held.
The final buy night will be held at 6 p.m. this Thursday, Dec. 12, at Dollar General Market behind McDonald’s on the Huntsville Highway. Helpers are given the ages and gender of the children and shop for appropriate toys. Money donations given to the effort are used to purchase the toys.
Toy Drive boxes are located at local banks, businesses and schools across the county. Each is accepting the donation of new, unwrapped toys through the end of this week.
- Askins Elementary School
- Bank of Lincoln County (all locations): 307 East College, 202 West College and 2702 Huntsville Highway
- Blanche Elementary School
- Howard Bentley Chevrolet-Buick-GMC, 1600 Huntsville Hwy.
- Boneyard Auto & Salvage, 156 Molino Rd.
- CB&S Bank, 1422 Huntsville Hwy.
- Dollar General Market, 1416 Huntsville Hwy.
- Elk Valley Times, 418 Elk Ave, North
- Fayetteville Fire Dept., 300 West Market Str.
- Fayetteville High School
- Fayetteville Middle School
- First Bank, 1927 Wilson Pkwy.
- First National Bank, 405 West College Str. and 2850 Huntsville Hwy.
- First Commerce Bank, 304 West College Str.
- Flintville Elementary School
- Highland Rim Elementary School
- Landers-McLarty Toyota, 2970 Huntsville Hwy.
- Lincoln County Courthouse, Trustee’s Office
- Lincoln County High School
- Little Ceasar’s Pizza, 1229 Huntsville Hwy.
- Motlow State Community College Fayetteville Center
- Ninth Grade Academy
- Park City Flea Market and Auction, 2748 Huntsville Hwy.
- Pizza Inn, 2762 Huntsville Hwy., Suite A
- Regions Bank, 302 East College Str.
- Riverside Christian Academy
- Shoney’s, 1235 Huntsville Hwy.
- Sonic, 1228 Huntsville Hwy.
- US Bank, 220 East College Street
- Unity Elementary School
- World Finance, 2280 Thornton Taylor Pkwy.