In keeping with state and federal calls for diligence toward mitigating the spread of Coronavirus, Fayetteville Public Utilities (FPU) will close their lobbies beginning today.
FPU CEO and General Manager Dye said that FPU’s drive-through will remain open, and FPU is extending hours to 6:30 a.m., through 6:30 p.m.
“The health and safety of our customers and employees is important to us,” said Dye. “Given the information and guidance that we have about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we believe that this is the right thing to do to protect our customers and employees.
“We are closely monitoring the events surrounding COVID-19 and are making changes to our plan as we obtain new information.”
While taking protective measures may not prevent some people from getting the virus, it can help reduce the number of patients our health care system must treat in a short period. In addition to this limit on the interaction between employees and customers, FPU will institute additional Center for Disease Control (CDC) safeguards such as:
• All employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
• Employees are practicing the “social distancing” guideline set out by the CDC.
• Meetings are being limited to groups of 10 or fewer.
• If necessary, FPU employees will meet with customers outside of the building for any issues that cannot be resolved over the phone or online.
• Employees will not enter into customer homes, except in the case of an extreme emergency.
• Additional disinfectant products are being supplied, along with reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
• All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
In the meantime, as an essential utility provider, FPU will continue to provide utilities to their customers, while operating as close to normal as possible.
Dye also encouraged customers to manage their accounts and pay bills using other options that do not require face-to-face interactions:
• Online bill pay and account management via the SmartHub app and SmartHub online.
• Telephone payment via Secure Pay by dialing 1-844-201-7200
• Utilize drive-through and secure night deposit.
• Payment at several local financial institutions.
“These are challenging times,” said Dye. “We understand the vital importance of the services that we provide. We are here to serve our customers, and we hope that the reliability of our service is a comfort during these challenging times.”
Be sure to follow FPU on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and visit FPU’s website, fpu-tn.com, for up-to-date information. Customers can also call FPU at 931-433-1522 to report outages and ask questions about their accounts.