Maj. Gen. Benjamin F. Cheatham Camp 72 will have its regular dinner meeting at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 28, at the Oak Restaurant in Manchester. The meeting will start at 7 p.m. The program will be by Susan Richardson from Putnam County and with the UDC. She will do a presentation on the Tragedy of the Roswell Women. This event was Sherman’s capture of the textile mill at Roswell, Ga., and sending the hundreds of workers, mostly women, north for the rest of the war, most of whom never returned. Meetings are open to the general public, and all War Between the States buffs have a special invitation for the program.
- Occurred Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 @ 6:00 pm
- Free tax help available
- Fab Fifties: Sweet memories, a pep in your step
- Hamburger Day tradition spans three decades
- Happy ‘Public Schools Week’!
- FHS finalist for four national ‘Most Spirited School’ awards
- Fayetteville High School hosts Freshman Forum
- FPU employees host ribeye sandwich sale
- Recent flooding ‘one of the worst’ she’s experienced