FNB celebrates 75 years
First National Bank hosted a cake and punch reception at its Fayetteville office in celebration of the bank’s 75th anniversary. Pictured are bank officers (from left) Nancy Corder, Jimmy Cox, Bonnie McCown, Anita Lawson, Lyman Cox, and Tommy Holland. The bank got its start on Jan. 12, 1938 when the state-chartered Richland Bank opened for business on the Pulaski square. Ten years later, the bank’s board of directors made the decision to convert the bank into a national banking association, and on Jan. 3, 1949, the bank began operating under its new national banking charter as First National Bank of Pulaski. Today, the bank operates with 12 locations in southern Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama.